Lead Architect (Big data)
$200000 - $300000 (dependant on experience)
We are working with one of Australia’s best kept secrets as they expand their Big Data and IOT division here in Melbourne. Offering a healthy work life balance, the business carries an average tenure of over 6 years and it’s not difficult to understand why! The have onsite barista’s, osteopaths and even a gym with social activity areas in the office!
It really is an enjoyable place to be and a great chance to join a business where you can have significant input into the technical team and business strategy.
This particular role is responsible for leading teams that design, architect and implement large scale data applications through the application of high performance computing, integration and emerging analytical platforms.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills as you will be managing big data solution architects, technical architects, platform developers and application developers whilst also engaging with big data SI’s and product vendors externally.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in data modelling and data analysis.
- SQL on Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) relational databases.
- Experience working in DevOps and Agile environments, as well as continuous integration
- Design / scoping / Dimension of large scale Big Data platforms
- Strong software engineering and coding skills, ideally in a data intensive environment.
- 3+ years Hortonworks or Cloudera experience.
- Implementation of HDP and HDF stack
- Hadoop, Map reduce, Kafka, Spark, Hive, Impala, Oozie, Cassandra, HBase.
Ideal candidates will have 10 years+ experience and coupled with qualification around engineering, computer science, ML, AI.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Debbie on 04219 66295 or send your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org and i will come back to you with further information.